JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO, Texas --
In order to better balance expanding installation access and services while continuing to emphasize public health precautions, Joint Base San Antonio has transitioned to Health Protection Condition Bravo, or HPCON B, on May 14.
As a community, we must minimize the potential for re-spreading this virus to avoid reversing the positive trends and gains we have made.
Commanders and supervisors are strongly encouraged to continue maximizing telework flexibilities for civilian employees who self-identify as being at higher risk of serious complications from COVID-19, or as a member of special populations, as defined by the CDC.
Supervisors and managers are encouraged to take a collaborative approach to develop a plan for each civilian employee’s transition to optimized operations, including a potential return to a traditional worksite, on a case-by-case basis.
Key changes to HPCON B include:
· Workplaces, gatherings, and on-base social events are to have less than 50% maximum occupancy and may limit occupancy of common areas where personnel are likely to congregate and interact.
· Medically vulnerable individuals are encouraged to work with commanders and supervisors to maximize telework flexibilities.
· We must all continue to wear face masks when required, practice physical distancing and hand-washing, and take appropriate actions when feeling ill.
We all must do our part to implement public health recommendations, including physical distancing, wearing face masks when appropriate, practicing good hand washing protocols, and taking appropriate actions if feeling sick. All personnel are encouraged to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
Below are key highlights of services that will be maintained or modified. For the most up-to-date information, please reference the JBSA's COVID-19 website at http://www.jbsa.mil/coronavirus
· Installation gate availability and hours: Changes to gate openings and hours will be based on increased demand and observed traffic patterns. Please visit here for current hours: https://www.jbsa.mil/Gate-Hours/ and we request your patience while driving on and off installation.
· JBSA Clubs will expand operations to accommodate both official and non-official/private events.
· Other services will expand their hours of operations. To see a listing of services available, please visit www.jbsa.mil/coronavirus. Under the Facilities and Services Statuses, there is more detailed information.
The latest JBSA policy on the wear of masks is found in Guidance Memorandum #51. Additionally, masks are still required inside JBSA Fitness Centers unless you are actively cardiovascular exercising, swimming or showering.
Working with Public Health experts and our community partners, we will exercise caution while delivering JBSA services and support with safety at the forefront.