JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas --
The health and safety of our patients, visitors, staff and our community remains a top priority at Brooke Army Medical Center.
While the importance of family support during hospitalization is understood and appreciated, BAMC is temporarily adjusting the visitation policy to reduce the risk of COVID- 19 spread as of Aug. 19.
BAMC will no longer allow visitors into the facility, to include the Emergency Department. Exceptions to this policy include:
• Pediatric outpatients: 1 adult caregiver (no additional children other than the patient)
• Pediatric inpatients (including NICU): 2 visitors
• Cognitively impaired adults (inpatient and outpatient): 1 primary caregiver
• Adult and pediatric inpatients at end-of-life: 2 visitors
• Labor and Delivery (including postpartum): 1 primary support person (may not leave L&D or inpatient unit and return)
For questions/concerns, please ask a member of the patient’s healthcare team.
For all patients and visitors:
• Everyone entering the facility will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19.
• Visitors who are sick will not be permitted to enter.
• Visitors may be re-screened by BAMC personnel at their discretion.
• Everyone must wear a face-covering according to current guidance.
• Everyone should practice social distancing measures as appropriate.
Patients are encouraged to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means including Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, and phone. Be careful not to impede healthcare, display HIPAA information, or include patients or staff who have not consented to being filmed/photographed.
This guidance is subject to change based on new or additional information. For updates, visit the BAMC COVID-19 website at https://www.bamc.health.mil/articles/covid19/. For general COVID-19 information, visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.