Chief Master Sergeant Jeffrey D. Glawe is the Command Chief, 688th Cyberspace Wing, Joint Base San Antonio–Lackland, Texas. In this capacity, he leads more than 3,300 military, civilian and contract personnel responsible for building, operating, securing, extending and defending communications networks through the execution of
four cyberspace weapon systems, to include engineering and expeditionary capabilities. His team deploys and delivers survivable and resilient
cyber infrastructure, deployed and in-garrison, and integrates communications and computer systems designed to increase combat effectiveness. Chief
Glawe also serves as the principal advisor to the commander on all military readiness, training, morale, quality of life, professional development,
and effective utilization of resources. Chief Glawe enlisted in the Air Force in May 1998. After Basic Military Training, he attended a total of 11 months of technical training at Keesler AFB, MS, and Fort George G. Meade, MD, to become a Visual Imagery and Intrusion Detection Systems Apprentice. Chief Glawe has deployed numerous
times during his career, including to Turkey in support of Northern Watch; Romania in support of staging operations for Iraqi Freedom; and Djibouti in
support of humanitarian operations for Enduring Freedom. He also deployed twice to Iraq in support of Iraqi Freedom, where he was responsible for maintaining 17 remote satellite terminals that transmitted combat camera imagery throughout the theatre.
2001 Airmen Leadership School, Andersen Air Force Base, Guam
2009 Associate of Applied Science degree, Electronic Systems Technology, Community College of the
Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2009 Enlisted Professional Military Education Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter-Annex, Ala.
2010 Associate of Applied Science degree, Instructor of Technology and Military Science,
Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Joint Senior Noncommissioned Officer Correspondence Course
2012 Bachelor of Arts degree, Organizational Management and Leadership, Ashford University, Iowa.
2015 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter-Annex, Ala.
2020 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter-Annex, Ala.
1. June 1999 - August 2000, Visual Imagery and Intrusion Detection Systems Maintenance Apprentice, 509th Communications Squadron, Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo.
2. August 2000 - December 2001, Visual Information Maintenance, 36th Communications Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
3. December 2001 - December 2003, Visual Imagery and Intrusion Detection Systems Maintenance
Craftsmen, 48th Communications Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom (March 2003-June
2003, NCOIC, Help Desk, Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base, Romania)
4. January 2004 - August 2008, Combat Visual Imagery and Intrusion Detection Systems Craftsmen, 1st Combat Camera Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C. (September 2004-January 2005, September 2005-January 2006, Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, SATCOM maintenance technician, multiple locations, Iraq; December 2006-May 2007, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, Combat Camera maintenance, Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti)
5. August 2008-September 2009, NCOIC, Mobility Readiness and Training, 1st Combat Camera Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
6. October 2009-September 2011, EPME Instructor, The I.G. Brown Air National Guard Training and Education Center, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
7. September 2011-September 2013, Superintendent, Satellite EPME, The I.G. Brown Air National Guard Training and Education Center, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
8. September 2013-September 2016, Flight Chief, Cyber Transport, 338th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
9. September 2016-April 2018, Superintendent, 412th Communications Squadron, Edwards AFB, Calif.
10. April 2018-April 2019, 3D1 Cyber Systems Assignment Functional Manager, Air Force Personnel Center, JBSA-Randolph AFB, Texas
11. April 2019-June 2019, Superintendent, 502nd Communications Squadron, JBSA-Lackland AFB, Texas
12. July 2019-May 2021, Superintendent, 318th Cyberspace Operations Group, JBSA-Lackland AFB, Texas
13. May 2021-Present, Command Chief, 688th Cyberspace Wing, JBSA-Lackland AFB, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
John L. Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School, Andersen AFB, Guam, 2001
Academic Excellence Award, Airman Leadership School, Andersen AFB, Guam, 2001
Airman of the Year, 36th Air Base Wing, Andersen AFB, Guam, 2001
Communications and Information NCO of the Year, 21st Expeditionary Mobility Task Force, McGuire AFB, N.J., 2006
NCO of the Year, 1st Combat Camera Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C., 2008
Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla., 2009
Air National Guard Readiness Center EPME Instructor of the Year, 2010
SNCO of the Year, 338th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss. 2014
Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter-Annex, Ala. 2015
SNCO of the Year, 81st Training Group, Keesler AFB, Miss. 2015
Cyber Support SNCO of the Year, 81st Training Wing, Keesler AFB, Miss. 2015
SNCO of the Year, 412th Mission Support Group, Edwards AFB, Calif. 2017
Cyber Support SNCO of the Year, 412th Test Wing, Edwards AFB, Calif. 2017
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 1 August 2019
(Current as of Sep 2021)