Lt. Gen. Timothy D. Haugh is the Commander, Sixteenth Air Force; Commander, Air Forces Cyber, and Commander, Joint Force Headquarters-Cyber, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. Lt. Gen. Haugh is responsible for more than 44,000 personnel conducting worldwide operations. Sixteenth Air Force Airmen deliver multisource intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance products, applications, capabilities and resources. In addition, they build, extend, operate, secure and defend the Air Force portion of the Department of Defense global network. Furthermore, Joint Forces Headquarters-Cyber personnel perform operational planning as part of coordinated efforts to support Air Force component and combatant commanders and, upon approval of the President and/or Secretary of Defense, the execution of offensive cyberspace operations. In his position as Sixteenth Air Force Commander, Lt. Gen. Haugh also serves as the Commander of the Service Cryptologic Component. In this capacity, he is responsible to the Director, National Security Agency, and Chief, Central Security Service, as the Air Force’s sole authority for matters involving the conduct of cryptologic activities, including the spectrum of missions related to tactical warfighting and national-level operations. The general leads the global information warfare activities spanning cyberspace operations, intelligence, targeting and weather for nine wings, one technical center and an operations center.
Lt. Gen. Haugh received his commission in 1991 as a distinguished graduate of the ROTC program at Lehigh University. He has served in a variety of intelligence and cyber command and staff assignments. The general has commanded at the squadron, group and wing levels and served on staffs at a numbered Air Force, major command headquarters and combatant command headquarters. Prior to his current position, Lt. Gen. Haugh was the Commander, Cyber National Mission Force.
1991 Bachelor of Arts, Russian Studies, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1999 Master of Science, Telecommunications, Southern Methodist University, Dallas
2005 Master of Science, Joint Information Operations, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
2010 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy with a concentration in Information Operations, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1992–December 1992, Student, Signals Intelligence Officer Course, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
2. January 1993–September 1995, Flight Commander, 301st Intelligence Squadron, Misawa Air Base, Japan
3. October 1995–July 1998, Commander, Detachment 2, 544th Intelligence Group, Sabana Seca, Puerto Rico
4. August 1998–June 2001, Chief, Information Operations Technology Integration, Headquarters Air Intelligence Agency, Kelly AFB, Texas
5. June 2001–June 2004, Information Operations Project Officer, headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
6. July 2004–September 2005, Student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
7. September 2005–June 2007, Director of Intelligence, Air Force Special Operations Forces, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
8. June 2007–June 2009, Commander, 315th Network Warfare Squadron, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
9. July 2009–June 2010, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. June 2010–June 2011, Chief, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Division, 609th Air Operations Center, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
11. July 2011–July 2013, Commander, 318th Information Operations Group, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
12. July 2013–June 2014, Assistant Vice Commander, Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Agency, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
13. June 2014–May 2016, Commander, 480th ISR Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
14. June 2016–June 2017, Deputy Commander, Joint Task Force-Ares, U.S. Cyber Command, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
15. June 2017–June 2018, Director of Intelligence, U.S. Cyber Command, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
16. June 2018–August 2019, Commander, Cyber National Mission Force, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
17. August 2019–October 2019, Commander, Twenty-Fifth Air Force, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
18. October 2019–present, Commander, Sixteenth Air Force; Commander, Air Forces Cyber, and Commander, Joint Force Headquarters-Cyber, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2010–June 2011, Chief, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Division, 609th Air Operations Center, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, U.S. Central Command, as a colonel
2. June 2016–June 2017, Deputy Commander, Joint Task Force-Ares, U.S. Cyber Command, Fort George G. Meade, Md., as a brigadier general
3. June 2017–June 2018, Director of Intelligence, U.S. Cyber Command, Fort George G. Meade, Md., as a brigadier general
4. June 2018–August 2019, Commander, Cyber National Mission Force, Fort George G. Meade, Md., as a brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec. 9, 1991
First Lieutenant Dec. 9, 1993
Captain Dec. 9, 1995
Major Sept. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2006
Colonel Aug. 1, 2011
Brigadier General Nov. 2, 2016
Major General Aug. 30, 2019
Lieutenant General Oct. 11, 2019
(Current as of November 2019)