Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Commander, Sixteenth Air Force
Vice Commander, Sixteenth Air Force (Air Forces Cyber)
Deputy Commander, Sixteenth Air Force (Air Forces Cyber)
Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Sixteenth Air Force; Commander, Air Forces Cyber; Commander, Joint Force Headquarters-Cyber; and Commander, Service Cryptologic Component, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander
Command Chief Master Sergeant Sixteenth Air Force (Air Forces Cyber)
Brig. Gen. Jeffrey F. Hill is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Sixteenth Air Force; Commander, Air Forces Cyber; Commander, Joint Force Headquarters-Cyber; and Commander, Service Cryptologic Component, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. The general augments the 16AF Commander and leads more than 44,000 active, Reserve and Guard personnel in executing information warfare in multi-domain (air, sea, land, space and cyberspace) operations worldwide. Sixteenth Air Force Airmen are responsible for mission integration of forces and capabilities for multi-source intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; cyber operations and expeditionary communications; electronic and electromagnetic warfare; information operations and weather in both strategic and tactical adversary competition and conflict. Air Forces Cyber personnel build, operate, secure, defend and extend the Air Force portion of the Department of Defense global network. Joint Force Headquarters-Cyber personnel perform operational planning, defensive and authorized offensive cyberspace operations. The general leads the activities of the Sixteenth Air Force headquarters supporting Air Force, combatant, geographic and unified commanders and operating globally across nine wings, one technical center and an operations center.
Brig. Gen. Hill received his commission through the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1990. A career intelligence officer, he began his Air Force career on active duty assigned as an imagery officer within the 544th Intelligence Wing at Strategic Air Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska.
He has since served in a wide range of active and Reserve assignments in direct support to squadron, group, wing, headquarters and joint staff to include Deputy Director of Intelligence at North American Aerospace Defense Command-U.S. Northern Command, Senior Intelligence Officer at the 73rd Space Group, Intelligence Operations Chief for the 302nd Airlift Wing in support of Operations Joint Forge, Coronet Oak, and Associate Air Officer Commanding for U.S. Air Force Academy Cadet Squadron 22 “Raptors.” Prior to his current position, the general was the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Intelligence, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.
1990 Bachelor of Science, Legal Studies, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Project Management Professional Certification, Project Management Institute, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2009 Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2011 Master of Business Administration, Grantham University, Kansas City, Mo.
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Reserve Components National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2017 Joint and Combined Warfighting School Hybrid (JCWS-H), National Defense University, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2018 Executive Leadership Program, University of North Carolina, Keenan-Flagler Graduate School of Business, Chapel Hill
1. July 1990–February 1991, Student, Intelligence Officer Training Course, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 1991–September 1992, Deputy Chief Analysis Branch, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
3. October 1992–October 1993, Chief Presentations/Reports, 6th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan Air Base, South Korea
4. November 1993–December 1994, Deputy Chief Intelligence, 21st Operations Support Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
5. January 1995–August 1996, Senior Intelligence Officer, 73rd Space Group, Falcon AFB, Colo.
6. September 1996–August 1998, Chief Current Systems, Air Force Space Command/A2, Peterson AFB, Colo.
7. September 1998–February 2004, Chief Intelligence Operations, 302nd Airlift Wing, Peterson AFB, Colo.
8. March 2004–February 2007, Chief Foreign Space/Missile Analysis, Air Force Space Command/A2, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. March 2007–July 2009, Director of Operations, Reserve Intelligence Detachment, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. August 2009–October 2012, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to Chief of Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, Strategy and Policy Division, Air Force Space Command/A2, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. November 2012–November 2013, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to Deputy Director of Intelligence, North American Aerospace Defense Command–U.S. Northern Command/J2, Peterson AFB, Colo.
12. December 2013–July 2015, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to Director of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
13. July 2015–July 2017, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Commander, 70th Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Wing, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
14. July 2017–May 2021, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Intelligence, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
15. June 2021–present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Sixteenth Air Force; Commander, Air Forces Cyber; Commander, Joint Forces Headquarters-Cyber; and Commander, Service Cryptologic Component, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. November 2012–November 2013, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to Deputy Director of Intelligence, North American Aerospace Defense Command-U.S. Northern Command/J2, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo., as a colonel
2. April 2020–November 2020, Military Personnel Appropriation tour as Mobilization Assistant to Director of Intelligence, NORAD-USNORTHCOM/J2, Peterson AFB, Colo., as a brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short
Air Force Longevity Service Award with silver oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with hourglass and 'M' device
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with bronze star
Navy Expert Rifle Medal
Navy Pistol Shot Medal
Air Force Training Ribbon
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Project Management Institute
Reserve Officer Association
Air Force Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 1990
First Lieutenant May 30, 1992
Captain May 30 1994
Major April 20, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 28, 2007
Colonel July 1, 2013
Brigadier General Nov. 21, 2019
(Current as of December 2021)