Chief Master Sgt. Robert Walker is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia. Walker advises the commander on all aspects of the worldwide intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations of six ISR groups, supporting nine Numbered Air Force commanders, including more than 6,000 military, civilian and contractor personnel, and a total enterprise valued at more than $5 billion.
Walker joined the United States Air Force Sep. 11, 1996. He has served and led at the squadron, group, wing and headquarters levels within two distinct Air Force specialties. He has filled positions ranging from noncommissioned officer in charge, to first sergeant and superintendent during his diverse career. Additionally, Walker has operational experience in South and Central America as well as combat tours in Operations Desert Fox, Northern Watch and Enduring Freedom. He has displayed consistent, superior performance at the tactical, operational and strategic levels of enlisted leadership and development. Walker completed three tours at the Pentagon where he served as Superintendent of the Headquarters Air Force, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Directorate, Special Access Programs Division, the Air Force Enlisted Legislative Fellow, working in the office of U.S. Senator John Boozman, and as Deputy Chief of Strategic Basing and Force Structure for the Secretary of the Air Force, Legislative Liaison.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Superintendent, 6th Operations Group, MacDill Air Force Base, Florida, and chief enlisted advisor to the group commander.
2001 Airman Leadership School, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
2005 Associate of Applied Science, Electronic Principles, Community College of the Air Force
2007 Bachelor of Science, Business and Economics, University of Phoenix, Arizona
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun AS, Germany
2010 Professional Manager’s Certification, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
2011 Associate of Applied Science, Intelligence Analysis, Community College of the Air Force
2011 Master of Arts, Political/Military Intelligence, American Military University
2013 Master of Science, Strategic Intelligence, National Intelligence University, Washington D.C.
2014 Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2015 Air Force Legislative Fellowship, Air University, Washington D.C.
2016 Graduate, Legislative Studies Certificate, Georgetown University and Government Affairs Institute, Washington, D.C.
1. September 1996 – February 1997, trainee, Basic Military Training/Technical Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. February 1997 – June 1997, student, Voice Network Systems, Shepperd AFB, Texas
3. July 1997 – July 1999, Voice Network Systems Journeyman, Royal Air Force Croughton, United Kingdom
4. July 1999 – November 2000, Voice Network Systems Craftsman, Lajes Field Air Base, Azores, Portugal
5. November 2000 – August 2005, NCOIC, Voice Network Systems, Rhein Main AB, Frankfurt, Germany
6. August 2005 – September 2008, NCOIC, Quality Assurance, 31st Communications Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
7. September 2008 – March 2009, student, Imagery Analysis Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
8. April 2009 – March 2010, NCOIC, Imagery Support Element, 612nd Air Operations Center, Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona
9. March 2010 – October 2010, NCOIC, Targets/Imagery Team, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
10. October 2010 – July 2012, Superintendent, Detachment 1, 548th ISR Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona
11. July 2012 – July 2013, student, National Intelligence University, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
12. August 2013 – July 2015, Superintendent, Special Programs, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Virginia
13. June 2015 – December 2016, Enlisted Legislative Fellow, Secretary of the Air Force Staff, Pentagon, Virginia
14. January 2017 – May 2018, Deputy Chief, Strategic Basing, Secretary of the Air Force, Pentagon, Virginia
15. May 2018 – May 2019, Superintendent, 6th Operations Group, MacDill AFB, Florida
16. May 2019 – present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver oak leaf cluster
2008 Distinguished Graduate, NCOA, Kapaun AS, Germany
2011 548th ISR Group Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award, Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona
2014 Distinguished Graduate and Academic Achievement Award, SNCOA, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Alabama
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant August 1, 2017
(Current as of June 2019)