Col. Jeffrey A. Phillips is the Commander, 67th Cyberspace Wing, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. In this role Colonel Phillips leads more than 2,000 Airmen, civilians, and contract personnel across four operations groups with 17 squadrons at seven locations worldwide. He ensures the readiness and employment of Airmen to conduct network operations, defense, attack, and exploitation in service of the Air Force, combatant commands, and national agencies. The 67 CW develops, trains, exercises and tests information operations tactics, techniques and procedures; analyzes and mitigates U.S. cyberspace vulnerabilities; and integrates emerging information dominance capabilities for the warfighter. Operationally, the wing acts as Air Forces Cyber’s execution arm for generating, projecting, and sustaining combat power with the employment of the Network Attack System and the Cyberspace Vulnerability Assessment/Hunt weapon systems.
Colonel Phillips received his commission via Officer Training School at Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama in 1999, following six years of service as an enlisted Airman. He has served in various roles including command at the squadron level, and multiple major command and headquarters Air Force assignments. Prior to assuming his current assignment, Colonel Phillips was Chief of the Air Combat Command Information Warfare Division at Joint Base Langley Eustis, Virginia.
1998 Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Specialization in Computer Information Systems, Saint Leo College, Langley AFB, Va.
2003 Master of Science in Information Resource Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Intermediate Development Education, Air Force Intern Program and Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2011 Master of Philosophy in Strategic Studies, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Senior Developmental Education, Air War College by correspondence
2018 Master of Science in National Security Strategy, National War College, Ft. McNair, Washington D.C.
1. September 1993 – February 1999, Configuration Management Specialist, 82nd Computer Systems Squadron, Air Combat Command Communications Group, Langley AFB, Va.
2. February 1999 – May 1999, Student, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
3. May 1999 – September 1999, Student, Basic Communications Officer Training, Keesler AFB, Miss.
4. September 1999 – July 2000, Deputy Flight Commander, Plans and Implementation Flight, 20th Communications Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
5. July 2000 – July 2001, Executive Officer to the Commander, 20th Support Group, Shaw AFB, S.C.
6. August 2001 – March 2003, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. March 2003 – January 2005, Project Manager, 690th Computer Systems Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
8. January 2005 – July 2006, Aide-de-Camp to the Commander, Air Intelligence Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
9. August 2006 – July 2007, Air Force Intern, Headquarters United States Air Force, Pentagon, Arlington Va.
10. July 2007 – June 2008, Staff Officer, Communications & Information panel, Office of Warfighting Integration and Chief Information Officer, Pentagon, Arlington Va.
11. June 2008 – June 2010, Chief, Mission Support Colonel Assignments, Headquarters United States Air Force, Pentagon, Arlington Va.
12. July 2010 – July 2011, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. July 2011 – June 2013, Commander, 35th Communications Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
14. June 2013 – June 2015, Joint Plans Analyst Global Functional Branch Chief, USCBYERCOM, Ft. George G. Meade, Md.
15. June 2015 – July 2017, Commander, 390th Cyberspace Operations Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
16. July 2017 – June 2018, Student, National War College, Ft. McNair, Washington D.C.
17. June 2018 – July 2019, Executive Officer to the Commander of Air Combat Command, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
18. July 2019 – July 2020, Chief, Information Warfare Division, Headquarters Air Combat Command, JBLE, Va.
19. July 2020 – Present, Commander, 67th Cyberspace Wing, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
Major Awards and Decorations
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
National Defense Service Medal with Star
South West Asia Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 21, 1999
First Lieutenant May 21, 2001
Captain May 21, 2003
Major Nov. 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 1, 2013
Colonel March 1, 2019
(Current as of July 2020)