Chief Master Sergeant Kenneth M. Bruce, Jr., is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of Sixteenth Air Force, Air Forces Cyber, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. Chief Bruce advises the commander and staff on all matters influencing the readiness, health, welfare, morale and effective utilization of more than 44,000 personnel as well as global information warfare activities spanning cyberspace operations, intelligence, targeting and weather for nine wings, one technical center and an operations center. Sixteenth Air Force Airmen deliver multisource intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance products, applications, capabilities and resources. In addition, they build, extend, operate, secure and defend the Air Force portion of the Department of Defense global network. Furthermore, Joint Force Headquarters-Cyber personnel perform operational planning as part of coordinated efforts to support Air Force component and combatant commanders and, upon approval of the President and/or Secretary of Defense, the execution of offensive cyberspace operations.
Chief Bruce enlisted in the Air Force in July 1996. His experience includes various positions within sensor operations, geospatial intelligence and special operations at the squadron, wing, major command and Headquarters Air Force levels. He has deployed in support of multiple named operations across the globe. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia.
1997 Imagery Analyst Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
1997 RQ-1 Predator Payload Operator Course, Indian Springs Air Force Auxiliary Field, Nev.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2003 Pacific Command Battle Damage Assessment Course, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2009 Associate of Applied Science in Communication Applications Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Senior Enlisted ISR Master Skills Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Bachelor of Science, Religion, Liberty University, Lynchburg, Va.
2012 Special Operations Forces Air Command and Control Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2014 Master Resilience Trainer Course, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
2014 Masters of Arts, Human Services Counseling - Military Resilience, Liberty University, Lynchburg, Va.
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I & II Correspondence Course
2018 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense and Business, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Alan L. Freed Africa Update–Political-Economic Conflict Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2019 General Officer Pre-Deployment Acculturation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
1. September 1996–March 1997, Student, Imagery Analysis Course, 315th Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2. March 1997–March 1999, RQ-1 Sensor Operator/Analyst, 11th Reconnaissance Squadron, Creech AFB, Nev.
3. March 1999–January 2001, RQ-1 Sensor Operator Instructor, 11th Reconnaissance Squadron, Creech AFB, Nev.
4. January 2001–February 2002, RQ-1 A/B Standardization Evaluation Flight Examiner, 57th Operations Group, Nellis AFB, Nev.
5. February 2002–February 2003, Imagery Analyst, 607th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan Air Base, ROK
6. February 2003–January 2006, NCOIC, Distributed Ground Station- Five Standardization Evaluation, Pacific Air Forces Air Intelligence Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
7. January 2006–April 2007, Imagery Mission Supervisor, PACAF Air Intelligence Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
8. April 2007–August 2008, NCOIC, Team Two Imagery Operations, 13th Intelligence Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
9. August 2008–November 2009, Flight Chief, ISR Operations, 13th Intelligence Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
10. November 2009–November 2010, Operations Superintendent, 6th Intelligence Squadron, Osan Air Base, ROK
11. November 2010–June 2012, NCOIC, Remotely Piloted Aircraft Programs/Additional Duty First Sergeant, 18th Flight Test Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
12. June 2012–August 2013, Superintendent, ISR Force Management, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command, ISR Directorate, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
13. August 2013–September 2014, Operations Superintendent, 11th Special Operations Intelligence Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
14. September 2014–April 2016, Deputy Career Field Manager, 1N1XX Air Force Specialty, Headquarters Air Force ISR Directorate, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
15. April 2016–June 2018, Air Force Special Operations Command Chief Enlisted Manager and ISR Functional Manager, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
16. June 2018–June 2019, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 33rd Fighter Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
17. June 2019–January 2021, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
18. January 2021–present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 16th Air Force (Air Forces Cyber), Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
2000 John Levitow and Academic Achievement Awards, Nellis AFB Airman Leadership School
2004 Headquarters Special Warfare Command, Republic of Korea Letter of Commendation
2008 John Levitow Award, Lackland AFB Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2009 United States Air Force SMSgt Margaret Frances Barbour NCO of the Year Award
2010 Republic of Korea Air Force Letter of Commendation
2012 Distinguished Graduate, USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2016 United States Air Force Etchberger Team of the Year Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2016
(Current as of January 2021)