Chief Master Sergeant Andrew J. McKendree is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 67th Cyberspace Wing, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. The 67 CW presents combat cyberspace capabilities to the service, United States Cyber Command, and the Joint Force. In this capacity, the wing acts as the execution arm of Air Forces Cyber for conducting global cyberspace operations. Additionally, the wing provides organic operations training, cyber capability development, operational testing, and range capabilities to drive readiness across the Cyber Mission Force. The 67 CW employs more than 2,600 Airmen, civilians, and contractors across four operations groups with 18 squadrons at seven locations worldwide; who conduct network operations, defense, attack, and exploitation in service of the Air Force, combatant commands and national agencies. Chief McKendree is the advisor to the wing commander on all matters related to the readiness, health, welfare, morale and effective utilization of enlisted members across the wing.
Chief McKendree entered the Air Force in December 1997. His background includes numerous duties in communications, information systems, and the cyberspace domain. He has also deployed multiple times in support of operations in the United States Central Command area of responsibility. Prior to assuming his current position, Chief McKendree served as the Senior Enlisted Leader for United States Cyber Command’s Operations Directorate and the Command’s Air Force Element at Fort George G. Meade, Md.
1998 Communications and Computer Systems Operator specialist Course, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
2001 Airman Leadership School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Associates Degree, Information Systems Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Plans and Implementation specialist Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, by correspondence.
2012 Bachelor of Science, Information Technology Management, Trident University
2014 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2015 Cyber 300, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
2017 Masters of Business Administration with a concentration in Strategic Leadership, Trident University
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2019 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Course, by correspondence.
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2020 Enterprise Perspective Seminar- Middle East/South Asia, Washington D.C.
2021 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June1998 – April 2005, Data systems Operator, Network Administrator, Information Protection Operator, 42nd Communications Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (September 2001 – November 2001, TCN Escort, Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia)
2. April 2005 – March 2007, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Information Protection Operations, Lajes Field, Azores
3. March 2007 – February 2010, NCOIC, Change Management, Network Applications, Network Control Center, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala. (March 2008 – August 2008, NCOIC, Plans and Implementation, Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan)
4. February 2010 – January 2011, Section Chief, Network Support, Network Control Center, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala. (April 2010 – November 2010, Branch Chief, Plans and Programs, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates)
5. January 2011 – April 2012, Superintendent, Air Force Systems Networking, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
6. April 2012 – August 2013, Superintendent Network Control Center, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
7. August 2013 – October 2015, Superintendent 26th Network Operations Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala. (March 2013 – October 2013, Superintendent, J-6, Joint Information Support Task Force, Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar)
8. October 2015 – May 2018, Senior Enlisted Leader, J-5, United States Cyber Command, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
9. May 2018 – June 2021, Senior Enlisted Leader, J-3, United States Cyber Command, Ft. Meade, Md.
10. June 2021 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 67th Cyberspace Wing, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
1999 Senior Airman Below the Zone
1999 Communications and Information Airman of the Year, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB
2004 Communications and Information NCO of the Year, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB
2008 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex
2009 Air Force Materiel Command AFC4A Leadership Award
2011 AFMC Information Dominance Cyberspace Operations Senior NCO of the Year
2016 USCYBERCOM Air Force Outstanding Cyberspace Support (3DXXX) SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant March 1 2018
(Current as of August 2021)